If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
This verse is being tossed all over the place recently. So I thought it would be good to really look at it. What I found, 2 Chronicles 7:14 is about as clear as God can say it.
If MY people
- that is those who believe in God.
Will HUMBLE themselves
- Humility comes through strength, is not for the weak hearted. It shows up when someone is very aware of their abilities, influences, power, and authority and uses all of it to SERVE. Humility flows down from those who have risen to the top.
And PRAY and SEEK My face
- No explanation needed
And TURN from their wicked ways
- REMEMBER this is directed to the believer – oooops – apparently it’s the BELIEVERS wicked ways that are in the way. (Oh my, maybe we need to turn off the sin spotting spot lights and focus on ourselves.)
THEN…..I will heal their land.
There is no need to read between the lines here – to find the hidden meaning – to interpret to fit your beliefs.
The equation is simple: Humble + Seek + Turn = Healing.
The bottom line is…God does what He says he will do. If you don’t feel that its happening – then there are 2 possible reasons.
- There isn’t enough humble, seeking, and turning going on.
2. Your version of a healed land isn’t the same as Gods.
The only other possible explanation is that God isn’t true to His word – and that’s just stupid talk.